Otis Gospodnetic schrieb:
--- Christoph Goller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Since 1.4.2 is already out, we would have to make a version 1.4.3.

OK, one more vote needed :-)
Maybe we should wait what Doug says.

I agree with what's been said (keep 4 & 5, put back the old methods and
deprecate them, don't worry about toString()) and I'm for 1.4.3.

Otis

For getFieldQuery and getRangeQuery I did the following: I inserted the old methods again and deprecated them. They are now calling their new counterparts and ignore their analyzer-parameter. The parser calls the deprecated methods so that overwriting the deprecated as well as overwriting the new methods has the desired effect. Note that the parameter analyzer never had any effect since the parser always used its own value for it.

For getFuzzyQuery the situation is a little bit different:
I also inserted the old method. It's deprecated and implemented by calling
the new one with the default value for minSimilarity. The parser calls the
deprecated method if no similarity is specified and the new method if the
user specifies a minimum similarity (e.g. fuzzyterm~0.7 instead of fuzzyterm~)

Erik, could you please verify whether this solves  your problems.

Thanks,
Christoph