Doug Cutting schrieb:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

goller      2004/10/11 06:36:14

Modified: src/java/org/apache/lucene/queryParser Tag: lucene_1_4_2_dev
QueryParser.java QueryParser.jj

[ ... ]

+ * @deprecated use [EMAIL PROTECTED] #getFieldQuery(String, String)}

Should these be deprecated in 1.4.3? I don't think so. They should be deprecated in 1.9 and removed in 2.0, but 1.4.3 should not require application changes if possible when upgrading from earlier 1.x releases.

Doug

They don't have to be deprecated in 1.4.3. I would even agree to remove the new methods (those without the analyzer parameter). However there is Daniels argument that somebody might already have started using them.

So should we leave both method-types (with and without analyze parameter)
without deprecated property side by side? People then might wonder which
one to use/overwrite.

Christoph