Paul Elschot wrote:
I have a DisjunctionScorer based on a PriorityQueue lying around,
but I can't benchmark it myself at the moment. In case there is
interest, I'll gladly adapt it to org.apache.lucene.search and add it in bugzilla.

This should look a lot like SpanOrQuery.getSpans().

On a related note, I implemented ConjunctionScorer using Java's collection classes rather than a Lucene priority queue, just to see if I could. It turns out to have to allocate memory in sortScorers() which makes it slower than it could be, but I have not yet gotten around to fixing it. I'd like to re-write this to look like PhraseScorer and NearSpans, which operate without allocation.

Doug