Erik Hatcher schrieb:
On Oct 21, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Christoph Goller wrote:

Furthermore concerning Lucene 1.4.3:
Erik, before making the new release, I would feel better if
you could check whether your query-parser works with the current
branch 1.4.3.

The added back methods all are working fine in my tests (using CVS HEAD). Thanks!

However, one oddity now comes about in this test case, from Lucene in Action:

  public void testGrouping() throws Exception {
    Query query = QueryParser.parse(
        "(agile OR extreme) AND methodology",
        "subject",
        analyzer);
    Hits hits = searcher.search(query);

    System.out.println("hits.length() = " + hits.length());
    System.out.println("query = " + query);

    assertHitsIncludeTitle(hits, "Extreme Programming Explained");
    assertHitsIncludeTitle(hits, "The Pragmatic Programmer");
  }

Here's the output:

hits.length() = 1
query = +(subject:agile subject:extreme) +subject:methodology

Process finished with exit code -1

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: title 'The Pragmatic Programmer' not found
at lia.common.LiaTestCase.assertHitsIncludeTitle(LiaTestCase.java:54)
at lia.searching.QueryParserTest.testGrouping(QueryParserTest.java:57)

This test previously passed. If I remove the word "extreme" from the query, it passes. "The Pragmatic Programmer" does not have the term "extreme" in its subject field.

What am I missing?  Query.toString looks fine.

Something seems awry, but it could easily be me. Or it could be that I'm using CVS HEAD and not the 1.4 branch? Thought I'd report it and see what you thought.

I have no idea. Does not seem related to queryparser since the resulting query looks like it should, doesn't it? Could you please try with the 1.4 branch. Anyway, the 1.4 branch and the CVS Head should behave identical except for deprecated warnings and maybe fuzzyQueries.

Christoph