Erik Hatcher schrieb:

On Nov 26, 2004, at 1:14 PM, Christoph Goller wrote:

Erik Hatcher schrieb:

On Nov 26, 2004, at 12:09 PM, Christoph Goller wrote:

The distribution will contain docs and API from branch 1.4.3.
For the web-page I plan to use docs from the CVS head, but API
Javadoc from 1.4.3 branch. Does this sound reasonable?

I think you should use everything from the 1.4.3 branch.

I don't think so. There have been a couple of updates on
xcocs, e.g. changes concerning the file-format. These changes
explicitly say what will change in Lucene 1.9 ....
Furthermore there are changes on whoweare.html

So why not merge these changes back to 1.4.3 and keep the site purely at that branch?

Well, it seems that the Lucene website is something that changes more often than releases. So I don't see much sense in using the outdated 1.4.3 branch version of the web-site. I could overwrite the 1.4.3 xdocs with the version from head. This would make sense. Are you suggesting this?

Christoph