Chuck Williams wrote:
Finally, I'd suggest picking content that has multiple fields and allow
the individual implementations to decide how to search these fields --
just title and body would be enough.  I would like to use my
MaxDisjunctionQuery and see how it compares to other approaches (e.g.,
the default MultiFieldQueryParser, assuming somebody uses that in this
test).

I think that would be a good contest too, but I'd rather first just focus on the ranking of single-field queries. There are a number of issues that come up with multi-field queries that I'd rather postpone in order to reduce the number of variables we test at one time.

Doug