 - Is there any more lingering?

Doug?  Anyone?

        Erik

On Jan 14, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

I was e-mailed offline with a link that pointed to the Arrays.java code in Lucene 1.3. In fact, *I'm* the one that removed that file over a year ago because it was unused. So I think we're in good shape.

        Erik

Begin forwarded message:

From: Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: January 14, 2005 1:46:35 PM EST
To: "Jakarta Project Management Committee List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Apache Board <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene to search.apache.org

On Jan 14, 2005, at 11:02 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
Meanwhile, here's a license issue for the proposed new PMC to grapple with: apparently Josua Bloch is listed as a contributor. He originally worked for Sun, but now works for Google. According to him, he "did not knowingly contribute any code to Lucene". Nor can I find him participating in either the user or developer mailing lists for Lucene.

The code in question apparently is related to "array utilities", and he apparently did contribute to java.util.Arrays, but that code belongs to Sun and while the source is published, it is neither open source nor compatible with the Apache Software License.

I'm still trying to track down more details, but if anybody can provide any insight into how the contribution was actually made, I would appreciate it.

I believe this is the one and only piece mentioning Josh Bloch:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/ apache/lucene/util/Arrays.java?hideattic=0&rev=1.2&view=auto

This code was removed (by me, no less :O) in December '03.

If there is anything else that is questionable, let me know.

Erik