From: Giulio Cesare Solaroli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 5:39 PM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: Passage Search

Hi all,

reading some posts in Steve Green's weblog, I found the description of
a "Passage search"
(http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/searchguy/20050126).

Translated into Lucene words, this looks like a nice score algorithm
that could be applied to rank the matching documents.

Does anybody have any idea on how the suggested approach stands up to
Lucene current algorithm, and how difficult would be to inplement also
the "Passage search" scoring?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Giulio Cesare Solaroli