Erik Hatcher wrote:
On Feb 1, 2005, at 3:13 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
I think we want Java Lucene to be a sub-project of Lucene. So the repository should be something like:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java

I already put in the request for this initial svn structure:

    /asf/lucene
            /trunk/
                /sandbox/
            /branches/
            /tags/

svn move is an inexpensive and easy operation - so let's run with this structure to get our existing stuff in, and refactor it ourselves once we're in.

Okay, if you like. Anyone on the lucene PMC will be able to reorganize. But once we import the code we'll want to rearrange things before we give comitters access. Non-PMC comitters will generally only have access to subprojects, and some perhaps the site. Changes to access must go through infrastucture. So we should re-org before we start adding committers, no?

Doug