The conversion to Subversion is complete. The new repository is available to users read-only at:

        http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk

Besides /trunk, there is also /branches and /tags. /tags contains all the CVS tags made so that you could grab a snapshot of a previous version. /trunk is analogous to CVS HEAD. You can learn more about the Apache repository configuration here and how to use the command-line client to check out the repository:

        http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

Learn about Subversion, including the complete O'Reilly Subversion book in electronic form for free here:

        http://subversion.tigris.org

For committers, check out the repository using https and your Apache username/password.

The Lucene sandbox has been integrated into our single Subversion repository, under /java/trunk/sandbox:

        http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/sandbox/

The Lucene CVS repositories have been locked for read-only.

If there are any issues with this conversion, let me know and I'll bring them to the Apache infrastructure group.

        Erik