From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vrijdag 11 februari 2005 19:25
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: Re: failure in the Russian Analyzer in contrib

On Feb 11, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Vanlerberghe, Luc wrote:
> I'm suspecting subversion now: the stemsUnicode.txt and
> wordsUnicode.txt files are encoded in UTF-16 (they have the proper two

> byte byte-order
> prefix) and have property svn:eol-style set to native.
> On my (Windows :( )system the files are 904424 and 1101164 bytes long
> and are full of "0d 0a 00" byte sequences which in unicode should
> probably just be "0a 00" or "0d 00 0a 00".

My files have these sizes:

$ ls -l
total 3608
-rw-r--r--  1 erik  erik   805080 11 Feb 08:30 stemsUnicode.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 erik  erik  1001820 11 Feb 08:30 wordsUnicode.txt

> Is there a way to do a svn update --raw or something that I can check
> this?

No, svn doesn't have this type of switch.

> If this is indeed the problem, a possible fix would be to set the
> svn:eol-style to LF or else let svn know that the file is in unicode
> (perhaps setting the svn:mime-type property to something else than the
> default?)

I have set the svn:eol-style property to LF on both of those files.
Let me know if that fixes the issue.

        Erik