On Feb 14, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

Garrett Rooney wrote:
Agreed. Java Lucene is a subproject of the Lucene TLP, leaving the existing Java Lucene site there for the time being seems ok, just so we have something there, but we should endeavour to put up something more permanent ASAP.

I think, for the present, http://lucene.apache.org/ should redirect to http://lucene.apache.org/java/.

I've added a redirect for http://lucene.apache.org/ -> http://lucene.apache.org/java/index.html

Redirects are done with .htaccess files. I simply created one at /www/lucene.apache.org - though we should put this in svn somewhere so that the entire site can be simply checked out from scratch.

I did the same .htaccess trick in the jakarta site module and checked it in and then checked it back out on the server.

Hopefully the URL's have not broken that used to work, though Otis said that we used to have a redirect from / -> /docs/index.html.

If things are not redirecting properly, let me know the details and I'll do my best to adjust them.

        Erik