On Mar 1, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

Henri Yandell wrote:
Redirect of jakarta.apache.org/lucene to lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html
I noticed there's a commented out redirect in the .htaccess, so after
adding my own I deleted it again and left the redirect off for the
moment. Unsure if there's a reason the commented out bit is there and
lucene.apache.org/java and jakarta.apache.org/lucene look to be clones
currently (barring the extra news item at lucene.apache.org).

When the redirect was first put into place there were some broken links at lucene.apache.org/java, so the redirect be removed until the links were fixed. I think the links were fixed but the redirect was never restored.

I put in the original redirect and later commented it out.

There was also an issue with DNS of lucene.apache.org, which has been cleared up. If there are still issues with the lucene.apache.org/java site, let me know and I'll try to fix it, but it should be mostly fine.

When Doug is cool with re-enabling the redirect, it's fine with me.

        Erik