Just to be clear, there is a third option in all of this besides Attic or
Incubator and it is what I wrote in the original email.  Remedy the 4 items
(quoted below) and then go to the Board to be a Top Level Project.  Clearly,
the life in this thread shows that #1 can be met if people are willing to back
up their words with action (i.e. patches and discussion, etc.) and continue to
show up on a regular basis not just as users but as contributors.  That action
could very quickly lead to #2 and #3.  Action by some people on #2 and #3 then
leads to #4, new blood in the project.  I think with 4-6 active committers and
some sustained life and a clear process for doing the port, this would be a
fine TLP and the community can then sink or swim on it's own.

As I said in the original email (quoted below), you have until the end of the
year.  If the community withers away at this point, Lucene.NET will go into the
Attic. If it steps up, it should be a viable TLP and can control it's own
destiny under the PMC of it's choosing.

At this point, I'm going to _try_ to stop responding to this thread and let you
all work out what you want to do as a community.  I believe I've made it clear
the actions that need to be taken to show that there is a viable community
here.  I also believe those actions are not onerous (some of them could have
been fixed in the time it takes to read all the threads on this email) as I
outlined above.

I will rely on George, as the PMC representative for this project, to report
back to the PMC on the actions taken by the community to remedy the items below
or to state that the community wishes to go either to the Incubator (a vote
might be worthwhile here) or to the Attic and fork somewhere else under a
different name.  If there is no report back by that time (call it January 1,
2011) or no positive action to move the project forward in a healthy and
sustainable way, then I will call a PMC vote to move Lucene.NET into the Apache
Attic and then take the necessary steps to do so (and this is not something I
want to do.)

-Grant