On 2011-02-23, Troy Howard wrote:

> Whenever we get our CI server setup, we should probably have a build
> task which checks for licensing in code files and inserts it if it's
> not there.

Buildbot <http://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html> can be set up to create
RAT reports, even for projects that use other CI options for their
actual builds <http://ci.apache.org/projects/>.

You can even check in a file containing the names of files that should
be skipped because you know it won't and can't contain the license.

I wouldn't recommend having a tool add the license automatically, maybe
the file simply isn't licensed using the Apache Software License, maybe
you'd make it useless if you added the license.

Stefan