* I understand that (will be away myself soon as well) but I'm sure not
* all of you will be on vacation at the same time 8-)

that would awesome if that randomly happened.

Updated: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011: anyone looking into
this thread feel free to tweak.
--------------

Lucene.Net was accepted into the Apache Incubator in February 2011.
Originally it was a sub project of the Lucene Project.

Lucene.Net is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in C# and
targeted at .NET runtime users. Lucene.Net has three primary goals:
* Maintain the existing line-by-line port from Java to C#, fully automating
and commoditizing the process such that the project can easily synchronize
with the Java Lucene release schedule.
* High-performance C# search engine library.
* Maximize usability and power when used within the .NET runtime. To that
end, it will present a highly idiomatic, carefully tailored API that takes
advantage of many of the special features of the .NET runtime.

Recent Activity:

* Lucene.Net 2.9.4 & 2.9.4g are being worked on and tested
* Prototyped build scripts with ncover, fxcop, style cop, nunit/mbunit, and
sandcastle have been made.

Current Activities:

* New site design per new Lucene.Net logo.
* Working towards getting CI installed.
* The shingle filter was ported
* A simple faceted search contrib project was created.
* Develop a process to automatically (as much as possible) convert the Java
Lucene code to C# (to maintain our line by line port)

Goals for graduation:

* Have a nearly fully automated process to convert Java Lucene to C#.
* Release Lucene.Net 3.0.3 (port of Java Lucene 3.0.3)
* Have a new .NET version of Lucene utilizing .NET constructs and idioms