Dears,
now, in the .NET ecosystem of opensource libraries it is super important to
have the nuget package released in sync with the binary release. Actually
many project are even just releasing the nuget package.

Currently there is a bit of confusion in the list of packages:

   - There is "Lucene" with project id "lucene"by Apache SF relased on jan
   11 frozen on version 2.9.2.2 http://nuget.org/List/Packages/Lucene
   - There is "Lucene.Net - (strong named 2.0/4.0) - 2.9.2.2" with project
   id "lucene.net" released on Sept 11 still by Apache SF on version
   2.9.2.2 http://nuget.org/List/Packages/Lucene.Net

I guess ppl think the good one is "lucene" b/c it has 3k download vs 173 of
the other (almost 300 x month vs 85 x month)

But nothing yet on 2.9.4.

I suggest we reorganize the Nuget packages doing:
1 - *delete *the "lucene" package (or add a new version with just a readme
file that clearly marks it is obsolete if not possible to remove the
project)
2 - *rename *the "lucene.net" package public title to "Lucene.net" (remove
the version number as they are not supposed to stay in the name)
3 - *create *a "lucene.net.strong" and move here the strongly signed
libraries
4 - *upgrade both* to 2.9.4

I think the script to create the nuget pkg is already in place, if not, let
me know and I'll look into making one.

As last thing, I just want to stress on the importance of having a NuGet
pkg nowadays to be relevant in the  .NET space

Simone

--
Simone Chiaretta
Microsoft MVP ASP.NET - ASPInsider

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"