Well, the only thing I see is that there is no place where writer.Commit()
is called in the delegate assigned to corpusReader.OnDocument.  I know that
lucene is very transactional, and at least in 3.x, the writer will never
auto commit to the index.  You can write millions of documents, but if
commit is never called, those documents aren't actually part of the index.
 Committing isn't a cheap operation, so you definitely don't want to do it
on every document.

You can test it yourself with this (naive) solution.  Right below the
writer.SetUseCompoundFile(false) line, add "int numDocsAdded = 0;".  At the
end of the corpusReader.OnDocument delegate add:

// Example only.  I wouldn't suggest committing this often
if(++numDocsAdded % 5 == 0)
{
    writer.Commit();
}

I had the application crash for real on this file:
http://dumps.wikimedia.org/gawiktionary/20120613/gawiktionary-20120613-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2,
about 20% into the operation.  Without the commit, the index is empty.  Add
it in, and I get 755 files in the index after it crashes.

Thanks,
Christopher