From: Neils [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 3:35 AM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: 2GB Filesize, Ramdirectory

Hi,

I have a 32bit operating system and one indexfiel with a filesize over 2gb
(2.3GB).
When i try to load index into ramdirectory i get this error:

System.IO.IOException: read past EOF
   bei Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.Refill()
   bei Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.ReadByte()
   bei Lucene.Net.Store.IndexInput.ReadVInt()
   bei Lucene.Net.Index.CompoundFileReader..ctor(Directory dir
   bei Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader.Initialize(SegmentInfo s
   bei Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader.Get(Directory dir, Segme oolean
ownDir)
   bei Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.AnonymousClassWith.DoBody(
   bei Lucene.Net.Store.Lock.With.Run()
   bei Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(Directory directory,
   bei Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(Directory directory)

Last week it was working without problems bit indexsize was 1.99 GB. So i
think it's related that index is now over 2GB, but i have no clue to solve
the problem.

Thanks