Do you mean to show everything from the beginning of  the field ?
Last year I needed a highlighter  which does return  the whole field with
all highlights , plus proper phrase highlighting which standard Java sandbox
highlighter doesn't do afaik, let alone it is very slow ,  if you have long
fields and want to generate  50-60 rows in html  with highlighted fragments
it takes ages.  I ended up with contributions from  Java world which you may
use instead of standard highlighter though they require  indexing with term
vectors.

http://wiki.epc.ub.uu.se/display/~ronnie/Fast+Highlighter