The search speed it's not addressed in this release, so it's almost
the same. But as you have a better control of the index incremental
updates and  optimization process, you could take advantage and have a
better optimized index that will result in better search figures.

As of the memory footprint, I never have problems with the 2.1
version, what are the differences between 2.0 and 2.1?

Jokin.