Hi,

I came across a situation when my scores are adversely affected by the IDF
component. Let me explain.

My index documents contain a number of fields, for some, TF and IDF are
important and need to be taken into account, for others niether TF nor IDF
should apply. I dealt with TF by omiting norms during indexing but I can't
find a way to calculate IDF for certain fields only.

The formula for IDF is defined in Similarity. I have my own implementation
of Similarity where I can set it to 1 or use the default implementation.
mySearcher.SetSimilarity is where I tell Lucene which similarity instance to
use, but that's global, so it applies to all fields in the index.

So, here's my question. Is there a way to calculate IDF on per-field basis?

Regards,
Art