I remember that this was discussed in thread "Exceptions When Indexing with
Multi-threading" Oct 2009
DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Li Bing [mailto:lbl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:26 AM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: How To Append and Synchronize Lucene Index?

Hi, all,

I am using Lucene.NET to index data. Meanwhile, more new data is
frequently added to the index. However, if so, the retrieval
performance becomes much lower when new data is being added and
indexed because the indexing (writing) thread must synchronize the
retrieving (reading) threads.

I use .NET locks to manage the threads myself. Is it necessary? Or
Lucene can handle the synchronize itself?

I would like to know if it is possible for me to append one portion of
Lucene indexes to another one. If so, it is easy to replicate Lucene
indexes and the writing and reading do not affect each other. Or any
other solutions in this case?

Thanks so much!
LB