Hi Everyone,

I implemented synonyms using SynonymFilter and SynonymTree classes which I
ported from Java. The solution supports multi-word synonyms and it seems to
work fine.

One problem with this approach is, although synonyms are at the same
position in the index, each gets counted towards the total number of terms.
That adversely affects lengthNorm. Michael Garski mentioned earlier that he
came across a similar issue and solved it. Am I correct Michael. If so,
could you share your approach, please?

Synonyms is a fairly standard feature. Is there a 'best practice' solution?

Regards,
Art