Hi

We are trying to implement Lucene, and one of the requirements for the
search is to provide a context within which the search term appears in a
document. So we need something like the summary in the demo that comes with
Lucene, except it needs to contain the context within which the search term
is found (e.g. 50 words around the search term). The summary in the demo is
the first X-number of characters in the HTML file.

I have a feeling we should use Filed object for that, but I am not very
clear on how to bind a particular search term to this Field object. This
"context" would be the context of the first occurrence of the search term
in the document.

TermDocs interface would be an ideal candidate if it would have something
like <document, frequency, sample_context>.

Has anyone done something similar? Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Benjamin Kopic
System Architect

Interactive1