Hi Eliot,

  Not really, all documents have an accountID, but I need to search
all the documents
first, and each document that is returned has an accountID, but I
just want one document
per accountID.

so:

  doc1 acc1
  doc2 acc1
  doc3 acc1
  doc4 acc2
  doc5 acc2
  doc6 acc2

Lets say the query "X" returns hits in this order:

  doc1
  doc2
  doc3
  doc4
  doc5

what I want returned is:

  doc1  (best of acc1)
  doc4  (best of acc2)

Note that creating a seperate Index for each account is impractical
(30K+ accountID).

  Cheers,
   Winton

At 17:30 -0600 11/14/01, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:
>Winton Davies wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>
>>   In my application, I have to be able to return a list of documents,
>> that have been uniqified according to an accountID. The most relevant
>> document for an accountID is returned, and then susequent hits that
>> have the same accountID are dropped.
>
>Do you mean that certain documents are associated with particular
>account IDs? If so, why not include the account ID as part of the query?
>Or have I missed something?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Eliot Kimber
>ISOGEN International