I don't have an explanation for this, but if it was me indexing
this large amount of data I'd be running each of the 6 in a
completely separate process.  More control, less damage when
one bit fails, perhaps better performance on a multi-processor
machine.  And perhaps you wouldn't get this problem!

--
Ian.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]