Couldn't QueryParser catch the Error and throw an Exception?
"Subclasses of Error, unlike subclasses of Exception, should not be caught
and generally cause termination of the program. Subclasses of Error need not
be declared in the throws clause of a method definition."

I am complaining, because my Servlet just crashed, even though it had a
try{}catch(Exception e){}, which should catch everything, unless catching is
worthless anyways (OutOfMemoryError) :-).