Iam trying to search for words starting with accent characters.As posted in
one of the Lucene user-list mail I tried using UTF-8 encoding
String query = this.request.getParameter( "query" );
if( query!=null ) {
query = new String( query.getBytes(), "UTF-8" );
}

But this code is not working properly.
If I give a word ćran, its giving empty string

Somebody in the user list had mentioned that this is working fine.

Please mention any dependency for this code to work(OS,JDK version etc.)

Let me know is there any other way to handle words starting with special
characters.

Thanx,
Kiran