Hi Serge,

You can't remove a field from a Document. If you compare an Index in Lucene to a
table in a relational database,  a Document is a row and a Field is a column.
You can always delete a row but you cannot remove a column (for a single row).
However, if you can directly update a row in a database, you can't update a
Document. Instead you have to delete that Document, create a new one with new
values and add it to the index.

Note that I'm new to Lucene and the above infos may not be 100% accurate
(hopefully not 100% wrong !!).

JCG

Hello lucene-user,

  You can laugh, but it's not clear to me how to update/remove Field
  from Document (can only add) or even update/remove Document from
  But I saw this magic words (update/remove) in this conference.
  And did NOT - in Lucene online documentation !!!

  Can anybody help me ??? I'll be very appreciate ...