When I tried to update a single document in an index, I deleted
it first and then added it to the index again. But when I do
search both the old version and the new version show up. When
I look at the index files, the deletable contains the files
that are supposedly to be deleted, but somehow I could still search
them. IndexReader is closed after the deletion, and a new
IndexWriter is opened for the addition. Optimize() is called
after adding the document. I tried to open a new IndexWriter
after deletion and call its optimize() (then close()) before
opening another IndexWriter for addition. The problem did not go away.
I am using Lucene1.01.

Thanks for any help.

Sheldon