Hi Sheldon,

You will need to write a custom query parser. However, the current
queryParser.jj is the right place to start.

You can easily modify this to have a pattern of _LETTER only and _DIGIT
only.
Currently it allows numbers and letters to be combined as a term.

If you have more questions, just ask.

--Peter