Hello,
> From: Olivier Amira [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>   I'm (now) using a BooleanQuery to construct my query, and to verify
> that my construction is correct, I use the toString() method to
> retrieves the 'human readable' query.
>   Everything seems to be okay, but when I set a Boost Factor for a
> sub-query (or the main query itself), this factor doesn't
> appeard in the String as I was waiting for (with an '^' character). It
seem
> normal that  this construction doesn't use a '^' character to set a Boost
> Factor (due to the syntax limitation of this operator), but How could I
check the
> Boost value other way than using the getBoost() method?
I notified the same behaviour.
BooleanQuery ignores its own boost factor during calculation. You can set
it, but
this will not change anything. If you want to change the boost of a boolean
query,
you have to set it for every clause (term). Sorry.
Maybe this could be changed in the further.
Regard,
        Wolf-Dietrich Materna

--
Wolf-Dietrich Materna