Hi All,

I have a question about Analyzers. Now I know that the documentation states that I
need to use the same analyzers for both Indexing and Searching. But this question is
only about the Stopanalyzer.

Lets say I construct a StopAnalyzer with certain set of stopwords (stopwords(x)) while
indexing. My guess is that Lucene will probably read those stopwords and remove them
from all my indexed fields. Thus if I search on those stopwords I will not be able to
find them.

Can I pass a different set of stopwords (stopwords(y)) possibly a superset of
stopwords(x)?

And in this case will lucene think of stop words as
totalstopwordset = stopwords(x) (these are already removed from the index) +
stopwords(y) (these will be removed while searching)

Can somebody please let me know if my thinking is correct on this one?

The advantage of passing a different set while searching is that I can eliminate
stopwords without re-indexing all my documents.

thank you in advance,
Samir