Thanks Otis. While NFS, dist, sdist and rsync are not available, ssh, sftp
and scp are (my previous post --see "Lucene newbie needs advice"-- with
ASCII art failed to mention that it's a W2K environment, there's some
intentional hiding of this fact, I would much rather be in a *NIX
environment). ssh, et.al is provided by Cygwin, so I might venture the task
of setting up the aforementioned utils too, but much more important things
ahead.

*** New question ***

I have noted that Lucene fails to interpret numerous HTML entities,
specifically entities in the 82xx range, i.e. — (en-dash) and many
others. Now this may not be a Lucene issue, I'm looking at the code as I
post, but I'm curious to its origins and why they don't seem to be parsed
properly in the index.

Tim