Hi everybody,
we are using Lucene for a while now and everything works fine.
We recently started load balancing our tomcat 3.3 over two servers using
Apache and mod_jk and integrating the lucene Index via Samba.
Now the problem started, we get ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on the slave
(the one that integrates the index via samba and is not updating it), like
the one at the bottom of this eMail, when the index has changed. We tried to
counteract this problem by not using a Pool of Searchers, but getting a new
Searcher at each search. Still Lucene seems to be unable to access the
current data, even after hours, so no samba caching should be the problem.

Has anybody tried to implement a network lucene search using samba?

Any hints are appreciated.

Chris

And here the Exception:
Root cause:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 101 >= 12
        at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:417)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:134)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldName(FieldInfos.java:130)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.readTerm(SegmentTermEnum.java:134)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentTermEnum.next(SegmentTermEnum.java:114)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.scanEnum(TermInfosReader.java:166)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.get(TermInfosReader.java:161)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.docFreq(SegmentReader.java:205)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.docFreq(IndexSearcher.java:91)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity.idf(Similarity.java:104)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery.sumOfSquaredWeights(TermQuery.java:76)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.sumOfSquaredWeights(BooleanQuery.java:
105)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.sumOfSquaredWeights(BooleanQuery.java:
105)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.sumOfSquaredWeights(BooleanQuery.java:
105)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.scorer(Query.java:91)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:105)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:91)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.(Hits.java:81)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:75)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:69)