I solved my display, by changing the encoding of the browser to unicode

"Chris Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
To Dominator,

Where you able to solve the display problem as well?  I am having a similiar
problem with documents that contain the " (open double quote &#8220).  I am
not concerned with searching on the character, but when I attempt to dsiplay
a stored field with this character, it does not display correctly.  Even
stranger, the closing quote &#8221 does display.

To All,

I have browsed through the majority of messages related to Unicode in the
archive, and my reading tells me that Lucene does not normally change the
data that is "stored" for a field.  Can someone give me some pointers on how
to troubleshoot this problem.

Note:  I am indexing data that is being pulled from a SQL Server 2000 DB on
Windows 2000.

-------------------

In an earlier message Dominator wrote:

> I print out a result string it shows a very strange result, for example
> search for: "civilingeni&rcaron;r" string: "civilingeni&Abreve;r".. I'm
sure it's an
> unicode problem, but where can I change it??

Dominator wrote:

thx, with your help I could solve the problem

"karl ie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
i had such problems with norwegian characters and it resolved into
making sure the querystring has the same encoding as the index has.

since this is again a java.lang.String encoding question i had these
problems with querystrings coming from java Servlets and CLI. For both
the quickfix was to re-encode the query in UTF-8/16:

String querystring = argv[0]; ' String querystring =
httprequest.getParameter("query");
querystring = new String(querystring.getBytes("UTF-8"));

this fixed my norwegian/samii problems...

mvh karl ie