Unofficially, my company is using Lucene for searching for products and projects on
our web-site. By "unofficially" I mean that while my boss knows that we're using
Lucene, my boss' boss doesn't know because he's very reluctant to buy into this
open-source thing. (We've used other OS projects in our own projects as well...it's
been a "don't ask, don't tell" kinda thing.)

We launched our new search about 2 weeks ago and it rocks! In the end, we've fully
met and in many cases exceeded expectations with Lucene, but they just don't know
that we're using Lucene.