If you have a look at the HtmlDocument class in the ant contributions directory of jakarta-lucene-sandbox in Jakarta's CVS.

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/ant/src/main/org/apache/lucene/ant/HtmlDocument.java?annotate=1.1>

I wrote this and it uses JTidy to parse HTML and does a nice job of it.

Maybe this would be good for your solution as well?

Erik

Lichty, Kent wrote:
We have a web application that builds pages "on the fly" by reading directly
from a database. The database contains both normal content and HTML.  We use
Lucene as our search engine, but I need to figure out how to cause it to NOT
include content that is within HTML tags. I assume that this entails the
creation of a custom Analyzer.  Are there any existing Analyzers already out
there that work like this? Thanks!

----------  Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer  ----------

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If
you are not the addressee indicated in this message or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby on notice
that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify
the sender by reply e-mail.  Please advise immediately if you or your
employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

given nor endorsed by it.