From: Ype Kingma [mailto:ykingma@;xs4all.nl]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 2:52 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Not getting any results from query

> Hello all,
>
>       I am storing the field in this fashion:
>
>                 doc.add(new Field("releaseability", releaseability, true, true,
> false));
>
>       so it is indexed and stored but not tokenized.
>
>       The value is "Test Releaseability";
>
>       I am using the query releaseability:test releaseability
>
>       I am not getting any results, is my query wrong?

Yes.
The field is indexed, but not tokenized. That means that the
value of the field will be indexed as given: "Test Releaseability".
To query this, you need to make sure that the queried value is
not tokenized either, ie. the query should not use an analyzer
for the field values.
The space in the field value conflicts with the query parser, ie.
you can't use a parsed query to query a value containing a space.

However, in case your query analyzer does not put values in lower case
this query should match:

releaseability:Test*

Lots of fun here: spaces, query analyzers, query parsers, upper/lower case,
and truncation.

You'll have to construct the query yourself in case you want to query with
the whole string "Test Releaseability".

Regards,
Ype