Hi,

I am writing an application that constructs Lucene searches from XML queries. Each
item from the XML is represented by a Query of the corresponding type. I have a
problem when I try to search for number ranges, since RangeQuery compares strings, not
numbers, so 15 < 155 < 20. What I need is a subclass of Query that evaluates numbers
correctly. I have tried subclassing RangeQuery, MultiTermQuery or Query directly, but
each time I have run into problems with inheritance and access rights to various
methods or inner classes.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? If there is none, the only way I can
think of would be indexing numbers as something like "#15#". But it's not a very
elegant solution when all I need is a slight variation of one existing class.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Volker