One of my clients is asking for an old-style boolean query search on my keywords
fields. A string might look like this:

        "oracle admin*" and java and oracle and ("8.1.6" or "8.1.7") and ("solaris" or
"unix" or "linux")

There would probably be need for nested parenthesis, although I can't think of an
example. Is there a parser I can plug into lucene to make this happen? It doesn't seem
like the normal QueryParser class would like this string, or would it? Any ideas or
comments would be appreciated. Making my own
grammar and parser class is too expensive a proposition.

Vineel Shah