Sounds like you either have an indexer that's run amok (maybe
a background process that's continually re-indexing your sandbox -
or expanding outside your sandbox) or your Query code is doing more
than querying. It's not behaviour I've seen. Without a snippet of
Query code, it's going to be hard to help.

Rob Outar wrote:

Hi all,

        This is too odd and I do not even know where to start.  We built a Windows
Explorer type tool that indexes all files in a "sabdboxed" file system.
Each Lucene document contains stuff like path, parent directory, last
modified date, file_lock etc..  When we display the files in a given
directory through the tool we query the index about 5 times for each file in
the repository, this is done so we can display all attributes in the index
about that file.  So for example if there are 5 files in the directory, each
file has 6 attributes that means about 30 term queries are executed.  The
initial index when build it about 10.4megs, after accessing about 3 or 4
directories the index size increased to over 100megs, and we did not add
anything!!  All we are doing is querying!!  Yesterday after querying became
ungodly slow, we looked at the index size it had grown from 10megs to 1.5GB
(granted we tested the tool all morning).  But I have no idea why the index
is growing like this.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob