Update your configuration.jsp file, to reflect the new location of the index.

Also, if you redeploy the war file, you're going to overwrite the
configuration.jsp that you modified the index location, in causing the software
to look in the /opt/lucene/index location again.

I wouldn't redeploy the war, just restart tomcat.

Eric Anderson
LanRx Network Solutions
815-505-6132

Quoting xx28 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Try to chang permisssion 777 for index directory.....
>
> >===== Original Message From Lucene Users List
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
> >hi,
> >
> > When i run the web demo i get an error that says
> >

> > ERROR opening the Index - contact sysadmin!
> >
> > While parsing query: /opt/lucene/index not a directory
> >
> > i do not have the permission to modify opt so have not created an index
> > directory in it.Thus i do not use the default as given /opt/lucene/index.
> > I have changed the configuration files and also according to me modified
> the
> > luceneweb.war file. Is there any other file that i should be modifying?Also

> > might be making an error redeploying luceneweb.war.
> >
> > how do i redploy the file and wht other errors can i be making?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Prerak

LanRx Network Solutions, Inc.
Providing Enterprise Level Solutions...On A Small Business Budget