Von: Lienhard, Andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 18. August 2003 17:30
An: 'Lucene Users List'
Betreff: RE: Make Lucene Index distributable

I can think of three options:

1) Single index dir on a shared drive (NFS, etc.) which is mounted on each
app server.

2) Create copies of the index dir for each machine. Requires regular
updates, etc (not good if search data changes often).

3) Create a web service for search. Each app server makes an HTTP call to a
standalone Lucene app which returns some sort of XML-formatted search
result.

I've taken approaches 1 and 3 (w/ Verity, but it would likely be the same w/
Lucene). 2 is really only good if you have relatively static data. For our
Lucene rollout here, we're going w/ option 1.

Andrew Lienhard
Web Technology Manager
United Media
200 Madison Avenue