I don't know if it can help you but here you are my code to extract code of pdf doc:

  /**
   * Extracts text from a pdf document
   *
   * @param in The InputStream representing the pdf file.
   * @return The text in the file
   */
  public String extractText(InputStream in)
  {
    String s = null;
    try
    {
      PDFTextStripper _stripper = new PDFTextStripper();
      PDFParser parser = new PDFParser(in);
      parser.parse();
      s = _stripper.getText(parser.getDocument());
    }
    catch (Throwable t)
    {
      t.printStackTrace();