> No, but the JVM does have a memory limit.  By default it's 64 megs, I
> believe.  To increase it, use the -Xmx option when you run java.

Dan & Akila,

I may be wrong. But I remembered a while back there is a dicussion about
limiting the number of terms expanded using the wildcard query. I'm not sure
whether it has been implemented or not. Searching the mailing list should
give you some pointers. Then you can implemented the patch back to 1.2 for
your ow need.

/vh