Hi all,

I'm thinkin' about writing a search tool for my filesystem. I know such
things exist already but programming it myself is much more fun ;-)
So, I would have Lucene crawl through my filesystem and pass each file
to an appropriate indexer (PDF -> PDFbox, etc.). Yes, I run a Windows
system and would depend on the file ending to distinguish the file type.
Is this a good idea in general? Is there a list of available indexer for
the the different file types? Any other comments are also welcome.

Regards,
Marcel