Hi,

I am a very beginner of Lucene und started to look into some articles and
the API documentation. I know the theories behind Information Retrieval and
want to find out about Lucene. I think it is the best Java API IR package
available nowadays.

One question:

The similarity class is abstract. Are there default implementations like in
other parts of this API (Analysers for example) available and how can I use
it i.e. to calculate weights? Are there some default implementations hidden in
other classes (i.e. in Hits) to calculate the term weighting. Does somebody
have some code which demonstrates the usage?

Kind Regards,
Ralf

--
GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/