173 is the ID field from a database (which we use as a primary key). For
Lucene's purpose, it only stores the field, and does not index it.

The place where I put the print statements is before the actual filtering.
The goal of the AliasFilter is to replace spitline. The debug line is in the
Tokenizer, and the filters are run afterwards so I am not sure what is
happening inside lucene.

I can't put the util line into the analyzer after the AliasFilter is run
because it will call recursively into tokenStream() and cause a stack
overflow. I will try to work on seeing what is happening after aliasfilter
is run

Allen